Tuesday, October 19, 2010

TWD: Caramel Pumpkin Pie


I love Pumpkin Pie, but only if it has lots of whipped cream. I like pumpkin in general, just not plain. Because pumpkin is so good for you, we've been trying to learn to like it more and eat more of it. So when Janell of Moretnesen Family Memoirs chose Caramel Pumpkin Pie, I knew I would make it--just not the whole thing!


I cut the recipe in half and got two 4" mini tarts and a little creme brulee cup of dough and filling. The kids didn't like it at all--which is funny because they loved the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies I made a couple of weeks ago--but Tim and I did. The filling was so simple and the crust of course awesome. I'd make this again. In fact, I might make a full version for Thanksgiving depending on where we end up!



3 comments:

Tia said...

the little ones are adorable :) great job

cindy said...

This recipe is a keeper, we loved it.
Have a great day.

The Mortensens said...

I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for baking along with me this week!