Sunday, September 19, 2010

I built shelves!


I needed more space in my craft room, but didn't have a lot of options, except for wall shelves. I saw these gorgeous shelves over at Beneath My Heart and knew that I HAD to make them. I am so glad I took the plunge! I made two 33" shelves and two 36" shelves. I had Home Depot cut my boards down and got my molding and corbels there too. I built the first two and had Tim hang them. They almost didn't get up. We had a lot of issues getting them up. I built the next two and hung them myself, and they went up without a problem. Go figure. I used Rustoleum Semi-gloss Black spray paint and because I wasn't happy with the texture after the spraying, I used a glossy polyurethane that I had left from doing the dresser. I think overall I spent around $80 for the four shelves.


The above picture is the wall space over my green dresser and next to my sewing armoire. I have a bunch of patterns in the purple basket and the bins next to it hold all my buttons and the buttons I just got from my grandma's house.


That is the wall above a second dresser that holds fabric and completed projects. To the left is a bookcase that I am going to paint black and to the right is my scrapbook table. One of those purple baskets holds unused yarn and the other holds the odds and ends from completed projects. I bought the purple baskets at Target--I'm so happy I found them. They work perfectly with the purple walls!

1 comment:

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

Those turned out great!!! Yeah, girl!!! I am so proud of you. I know you are enjoying that extra wall space.
Thanks so much for reading my blog and letting me know about your shelves.
Blessings!
Traci